Saturday, April 16, 2011

This weeks MLB news

The MLB has been flipped upside down. The latest power rankings came out a few days ago and the results are crazy. I have followed baseball since I was 5 years old and it is the first time I have seen the Rockies in the number one spot. The two and three spots are a bit more predictable with the Phillies and Rangers respectively.. The Indians are taking their old 1990's form lately and have been given the 5th spot.  Now comes the real surprise. Drum roll........the Royals are in the 6th spot! I cannot remember a time in my life where the Royals were a respectable team. They have been given a boost by their young talent, headed by Alex Gordon who was their 2nd overall pick in 2005. It hurts me to see the Dodgers all the way back in the 15th spot and third in the NL West. It hurts me even more to see the Giants in the 14th spot, right ahead of the boys from tinsel town. Bringing up the rear are the Boston Red Sox, who were almost unanimously every baseball analyst pick to win the World Series this year.

Now lets talk about the best player in baseball right now. Matt Kemp. My boy is batting .449 with two homeruns and 8 stolen bases. He will need to keep this going if the Dodgers are going to have a shot at the National League West title.

I am very biased when it comes to Matt Kemp. It could be argued that Troy Tulowitzki is the hottest player in baseball considering he has 7 homeruns already. He is also a huge reason the Rockies are in the number one spot in MLB power rankings.

No comments:

Post a Comment